Our Expertise

Talk to an expert in International Family Law

Our lawyers can guide you through the complex international family law system and ensure you understand your entitlements or liabilities.


International Family Law

Andrew Wiltshire, Director of Wiltshire Family Law, has been practising in the field of International Family Law for close to 20 years. We have participated in high profile international and multi-jurisdictional disputes advising on complicated children’s matters, complex financial settlements, pre-nuptial agreements and all other areas of Family Law.

We have offices in Hong Kong and Singapore and have experience in jurisdictions throughout the Asia Pacific region together with experience in representing our clients in all Australian jurisdictions.

We work in close conjunction with family law experts in the Asia Pacific region specifically addressing:

  • Separation and divorce
  • International relocation
  • International child abduction law
  • Hague Convention return applications
  • Overseas property law
  • Prenuptial and binding financial agreements
  • Spousal maintenance
  • Location and recovery of children, child support and child relocation
  • Overseas service of documents
  • Registration and enforcement of overseas judgments
  • Registration of overseas orders

Child Abduction

Taking a child out of Australia without the other parent’s consent or refusing to return a child to Australia is wrongful removal or wrongful retention. The child is often taken out of Australia by the other parent or a member of that parent’s family.

The Hague Convention on the International Aspects of Child Abduction was brought into force in Australia in 1983. Only countries who signed up to the Hague Convention are bound by its rules.

Child abduction is the most common type of international family law matter and Wiltshire Family Law have considerable experience in this field. This applies equally to parents who seek help to bring their child back to Australia and those who find themselves defending child abduction proceedings in Australia.

When child abduction has or may occur, urgent legal advice and action is crucial.

Enforcement of Foreign Financial Orders

If you have divorced in another country is may be necessary for you to enforce an order regarding your property division in Australia. Alternatively, you may need to enforce such an order made in Australia, in another country.

Wiltshire Family Law can provide you with advice regarding either of these situations, please get in touch today to see how we can assist you. Call us today on 13 20 30 or email us here.