Meeting with a lawyer can be daunting but at times is one of life’s necessities.
At Wiltshire Family Law we understand the emotions that come from having to visit a Family Lawyer. Whether you have separated, are divorcing, working out parenting arrangements, splitting assets or entering into a financial agreement, there are conversations to be had and it’s good to know what to expect going into a meeting with a Family Lawyer.
Here are a few points to remember if you are looking at seeing a Family Lawyer:
- Your matter is confidential, both during your initial conversation and throughout your matter;
- You will be advised what to bring to your appointment in advance, having as much of this information prepared will help your lawyer give you the best advice;
- We understand you may be anxious; we are here to help and act in your best interests;
- Advise us as to what you want to know regarding your situation if you have not done so prior;
- Disclose what you are concerned about, if anything;
- Your family lawyer will ask you questions in order to get the information they need in order to give you the correct legal advice for your family law matter, it is important to be as open and honest in this discussion as possible;
- You will be advised as to what your next steps are, if you choose to move forward;
- You will be advised on costs;
- We encourage you to ask questions throughout the appointment, it may help to have some prepared in advance, and to take notes during the meeting.
At Wiltshire Family Law, we are trained and experienced to work with all family law matters and show a great deal of not only professionalism but compassion when working with you. It is important you feel comfortable working and communicating with your family lawyer and we offer a free initial consultation with no obligation to go any further.
To discuss your options with one of our Family Lawyers, contact us on 13 20 30.